I received the clothing discussed below for free from BaliniSports. Please see my Disclosure Policy for more information.
I’m a new(ish) runner and a yoga dabbler. But my first love will always be dance. I guess that’s why my new outfit from BaliniSports made me feel like dancing.
When Balini contacted me about doing a review, the first thing I did was check out their Facebook page. SOLD. I really, really loved their clothes. Great color combos, lovely details, and sexy but not too sexy. I was really excited to do this review.
I was not disappointed. Here’s what I got to try:
Marilyn Yoga Bra ($42.99)
Sophia Shorts ($39.99)
Tulip Yoga Tank ($19.99)
My favorite piece is the Marilyn Yoga Bra. No exaggeration – it’s the softest bra I’ve ever owned. But at the same time, it does a great job of keeping everything in place. I wouldn’t wear it for running or high impact exercise, but it’s perfect for yoga, walking, or just wearing around the house (which I’ve done for the last two days). Oh, and I just love the strappy back!
The Sophia Shorts are also very soft and comfortable, and they have great details like a wide waistband, adjustable ties, and a little ruching on the booty. They’re a little short for my taste – I don’t think I’d wear them for yoga because I’d constantly be worrying about a cheek (or two) popping out. But Balini has several other styles to choose from. Something like the Knot Pattern Yoga Shorts would be more my style.
I wasn’t quite sure what to do with the Tulip Yoga Tank when I first opened it. (Was it a shirt? Or a skirt? Which end was the top?) I had to go to BaliniSports online to figure out how to wear it. But once I got the idea, I loved it! The tank has 4 hooks, and each one hooks on to the yoga bra. It’s the perfect top – it’s light as a feather but provides plenty of coverage while still showing off the details of the bra. It’s also made from moisture-wicking material to help keep you cool and dry. It’s also compatible with several other Balini Yoga Bras.
While preparing this post, I read a bit about the company’s history and philosophy – and I kind of fell in love. Just a couple of highlights about BaliniSports for you:
1. The company strives to “spread love, peace, and freedom” via their clothing.
2. Their high-quality, ethically made performance gear doesn’t harm the environment and is made in the USA.
3. Each piece is designed specifically for yoga, using materials that provide both support and breathability.
4. BaliniSports was founded by a female corporate executive who decided to fulfill her dream and share her passion for yoga. She founded her company on a mantra of freedom – “the freedom to move without restrictions, the freedom to live a full life, free of anything holding you back.”
5. Every Balini garment is imprinted with a Chinese lucky charm. This charm is meant to bring love, beauty, and blessings to your life and your yoga practice.
Connect with BaliniSports:
Big thanks to BaliniSports for the opportunity (and cute new outfit!), and also to my beautiful photographer. She did good, didn’t she?