This is a sponsored post and may contain affiliate links. Please see my Disclosure Policy for more information.
Not many people know this about me – but I love to read quotes, affirmations, prayers, and meditations. I keep several books of daily meditations in my nightstand, and I usually carry one or two of them in my purse. I have quotes and prayers saved in my phone, written in my journal, and taped to my bathroom mirror. My Pinterest boards are full of them. When I’m feeling down, when I need guidance, or when my soul needs recharging, I flip through my books and images, and I find something that speaks to me.
Do you do this too? Or do you know someone who does? If so, then I think you’ll love the latest addition to our Holiday Gift Guide – Dear You: Messages from Your Heart, by Jacquelyn Fletcher.
Jacquelyn Fletcher, award-winning author (“Guide for Stepmoms” & “Cancer Widow”) and multimedia artist, has just launched her new book Dear You: Messages From Your Heart and related products. Fletcher is also the host of the Mayo Clinic’s Healing Words TV show and a founder of its Creative Writing at the Bedside Program.
Her newest work, Dear You, is a series of inspirational and thought-provoking letters addressed to the reader from the caring but sometimes challenging character of “Your Heart.” The collection includes:
- Dear You: Messages From Your Heart book in paperback format, 204 pages with illustrations throughout
- Dear You blank journals in three styles with the themes of letting go, being brave, and appreciating life’s beauty
- Blank greeting cards with illustrations from Dear You, 4.25” x 5.5”, envelope included
- Prints of illustrations from Dear You in 5” x 7” size with an 8” x 10” matte
- Shadow boxes of Dear You illustrations in 5” x 7” size, comprised of a canvas print mounted in a black shadow box for free-standing or wall-mounted installation
As I flipped through the pages of Dear You, I found myself smiling, laughing, nodding, and picturing times in my life when these messages would speak to me loud and clear. For example:
- “Dear You, Why are you thinking so much about the one negative comment and no time honoring the praise you got? Doesn’t make sense. Love, Your Heart.” (So me!)
- “Dear You, What’s so hard about asking for help? Confused, Your Heart.” (I need to hear this often!)
- “Dear You, Quick question – why do you keep doing that when you know it’s not good for you? Love, Your Heart.” (Yep.)
Jacquelyn Fletcher has some wonderful messages to share – and she does it with a bit of humor, a pinch of sass, and a lot of heart. You can learn more about the entire Dear You collection and its creator at JacquelynFletcher.com, and you can purchase items directly from Jacquelyn via her Etsy store.
P.S. For more great gift ideas, be sure to check out my 2014 Holiday Gift Guide!