This post is sponsored by the Florida Prepaid College Board, through my role as a Believer Blogger. All thoughts are my own.
Yep, you read that title correctly. The Florida Prepaid College Board is giving away 10 college scholarships! But more on that in a minute.
Open Enrollment for Florida Prepaid is officially underway, and here’s what you need to know.
1. Open Enrollment began on October 15 and runs through February 29, 2016. Next year is a leap year, which is good news for my fellow wait-until-the-very-last-possible-moment people – this means you get a whole extra day to purchase a plan. But don’t procrastinate too much – Open Enrollment is the only time that you are able to purchase a plan.
2. Florida Prepaid offers five different college plans, each with its own pricing and covered fees:
- 2-Year Florida College Plan
- 4-Year Florida College Plan
- 2 + 2 Florida Plan
- 1-Year Florida University Plan
- 4-Year Florida University Plan
Click HERE to learn about each plan. You can also use this calculator to learn more about 2015/2016 plan prices.
3. You will have 3 payment options to choose from: monthly, 5-year, or lump sum. About 70% of participating families choose to make monthly payments, but you can choose whatever works best for you.
4. Your child can use his/her Florida Prepaid College Plan at any of Florida’s 28 Colleges or 12 State Universities.
5. If your child earns a scholarship, you can do the Happy Dance for two reasons: First, because scholarship, YAY! And second, because when a child gets a scholarship like Bright Futures, the amount covered by their plan (not just what was paid in) can be refunded, transferred to another family member, or used to pay for tuition and fees not covered by the scholarship.
6. Similarly, if a you or your child moves out of Florida, you won’t lose your savings. And bonus, your child remains eligible for in-state tuition and fees at a Florida College or State University when they use the plan.
7. When you enroll, be sure to use the promo code BLOG1516 for an exclusive gift from Florida Prepaid!
I was a Florida Prepaid student, and someday my kids will be too. Here’s to my parents, to me, and hopefully someday to you too:
(True story: one of my best girlfriends from my freshman year at the University of Florida became a secret service agent. That’s not her in the video though.)
Florida Prepaid Scholarship Giveaway
Now about that giveaway. The Florida Prepaid Scholarship Program is giving you the chance to win one of TEN 2-Year Florida College Plan scholarships, valued at $9,200! The scholarships will be provided by the Florida Prepaid College Foundation.
In addition to the 2-Year Florida College Plans, there will also be 10 weekly prize winners (a total of 50 over the five-week program). Plus, you can participate daily! The more entries you receive, the better your chances of winning. The program runs from October 12, 2015 through November 15, 2015 at 11:59 p.m.
To enter, just visit floridaprepaidscholarshipprogram.com for Sweepstakes Rules and details for your chance at this amazing opportunity!
I'd love to hear your thoughts...